Preparing for Admission
Entering a nursing facility can be overwhelming. We'll help you prepare for it.
What kind of forms will I need to sign?
Be prepared to sign admission forms, including a financial screening.
If you need help, have your representative, power of attorney or family member get in touch with us before admission.
What medical documents should I bring?
Bring your advanced directive documents (Living Will or Health Care Power of Attorney) and any other legal documents (Power of Attorney or Durable Power of Attorney) so we can make a copy.
Bring all medical insurance cards (Medicare, Medicaid, Medicare Part D, AARP, Blue Cross Blue Shield, HMO's, PPO's) and any long-term care insurance information.
What personal items should I bring?
- Clothes (including elastic waist and easy-closure pants)
- Jogging Suits
- Shoes (non-skid soles)
- Toiletries (shampoo, deodorant, toothbrush, hair brush, non-electric razor, makeup)
- Hearing Aids (and batteries)
- Dentures (and denture supplies)
What should I leave at home?
- Valuables (such as jewelry or more than $10 in cash)
- Credit Cards