Questions You Need to Ask
Get the information you need to choose the right place for your extended care.
How is the quality of care?
- Does the place meet your standards of cleanliness and attractiveness?
- Are staff members respectful of residents’ privacy and dignity?
- Are residents encouraged to participate in developing their care plans?
What is life like as a resident?
- Is the atmosphere warm and friendly?
- What kind of interesting activities are available?
- Does the facility welcome entertainment and visitors from the community?
Are they focused on recovery?
- Does the facility have an active rehabilitation program?
- Do residents get regular medical attention?
- Are doctors on call in case of emergencies?
Is the staff consistent and qualified?
- Does the facility use agency staff?
- What is the annual staff turnover?
- What are the staff members’ qualifications?